Bitcoin Events’ 2nd annual DeFi Conference, DeFi Conference 2021, The Rise of Decentralised Finance, hosted virtually on 5 August 2021, explored two of the hottest trends to emerge in the industry over the last few years: Decentralised Finance (DeFi) and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs).
The event brought forth an unparalleled team of DeFi and NFT industry leaders and change-makers sharing their opinions on how DeFi and NFTs are shaping the next era of global finance and digital ownership.
The event included 1572 attendees from 113 countries, 44 speakers, 20 free sessions, panels, Q&A sessions, culminating with a fireside chat,hosted by Ran Neu Ner, host of the world’s first live streaming crypto media station, Crypto Banter. Ran's guest, Elliot Wainman, Creator at EllioTrades and Co-Founder and CEO of SuperFarm, discussed the craze around Crypto Punks and NFT gaming.
Other discussions included:
• the main competitors to Ethereum for smart contract and application development,
• problems communities and organisations are trying to solve with governance in the decentralised space,
• the explosion in popularity of NFT art,collectibles and gaming,
• the legal nature of NFTs from the intellectual property perspective,
• maximising cryptocurrency earnings,
• theimportance of cross-chain interoperability,
• institutional investment in DeFi and
• which countries are ahead with regulation
Keynote speakers included:
• Sam Bankman-Fried: CEO and Founder at FTX
• Aaron Tilton: Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder at SmartFi
• Yele Bademosi: Founder of Bundle Africa
• Joshua Scigala: Co-Founder of TheStandard.io and CIO of Vaultoro
• ShazaibJaffer: Co-Founder of Dimo
Premier Sponsors were Bybit, Chainsulting, SmartFi and The Standard.
The DeFi and NFT ecosystem is flourishing and unlocking a parallel financial system that is setting new standards for access, resilience and transparency.
Thank you for your participation in the event.
We hope you find this post event report useful and look forward to meeting you either virtually or in-person at our next events, the Crypto Fest 2021 (29 October 2021) and Blockchain Africa Conference 2022 (18 and 19 March 2022).
Visit our website for more information.