Leaders from the cryptocurrency and blockchain sectors convened in London for the CryptoCompare & MJAC London Blockchain Summit in front of an avid audience.
The need for regulation in the industry, how to value cryptoassets, the revolutionary potential of blockchain – especially in developing countries – and cryptocurrencies becoming mainstream were some of the talking points at the summit at Old Billingsgate on June 13th. Panellists discussed, at length, the ramifications of blockchain technology including how it would completely change the way society banks, makes payments, provides and receives services, and does business.
The Main Stage, which welcomed the likes of Coinbase, Ripple and Coinfloor, and the ICO & Blockchain Stage, which included presentations from: HiP, WhenHub and NYNJA ran simultaneously. The two stages gave delegates access to a wide and varied spectrum of speakers and industry participants who considered crucial industry topics and who introduced new concepts as well as start-ups and ICOs.
Specific talking points included:
- The future of crypto derivatives - Edward Fricker, CIO of NKB: "The crypto derivatives market will soon be much larger than the crypto market itself."
- The tokenisation of everything - Claire Wells, Legal & Business Affairs Director at Circle: “To be adopted by mass society, tokenised assets need to be denominated in fiat money.”
- The promotion of women in the cryptocurrency space – Zeeshan Feroz, CEO (UK) of Coinbase: “I think there’s a real opportunity because this industry’s so young, for us to have a different balance compared to traditional finance. The first employee resource group we launched was ‘women in crypto’, and our activities range from speaking at meet-ups to events targeted at women. As an organisation, we’re making a lot of conscious effort to try and address it.”
- Private keys - Ryan Radloff, CEO of CoinShares: “There is no substitute to owning your own private keys, period."
- The willingness of banks to adopt cryptocurrencies - Danny Aranda, Managing Director of Strategic Growth at Ripple: “I feel like it’s an education process. Fear is usually coming from a lack of understanding. Although I don’t think banks need to understand crypto to a fundamental level. When I build a website I don’t need to understand the Internet to do that.”
- The adoption of crypto trading – Glen Goodman, Investment Expert: "Don't be fooled, the bigger investors and exchanges are already planning to become involved in crypto trading."
- Mining cryptocurrencies - Joshua Riddett, Founder & Managing Director of Easy Crypto Hunter: “You don’t have to be an expert to mine cryptocurrencies and profit from it. If you have the right equipment from the right people, know how to Google, copy and paste, you can mine cryptocurrency.”
Delegates attended the event to learn, network and meet key players in the industry. They applauded the “extremely informative” event for its high calibre and variety of speakers and for the refreshingly candid answers from speakers and panellists. Exhibitors praised the event for facilitating face-to-face exposure with an engaged audience of investors and enthusiasts.
Speakers and panellists gave their verdict on the event:
“The CryptoCompare & MJAC London Blockchain Summit was a well-organised and well-attended event, a great platform for discussing the key industry issues. The organisers did a good job in bringing together both eminent and emerging names in the sector."
Zeeshan Feroz, CEO (UK) at Coinbase
"What's brilliant about events such as the CryptoCompare & MJAC London Blockchain Summit is that they offer an intersection between the traditional finance community and the fast-paced developments in the Crypto Economy.”
Ryan Radloff, CEO of CoinShares
“Arguably one of the best conferences we've attended in the last year, the CryptoCompare & MJAC London Blockchain Summit hosted the UK’s biggest and brightest blockchain leaders. There’s no doubt that MJAC attendees gained invaluable insight from this conference.”
Cassius Kiani, Founding Partner of Atlas Neue
“The CryptoCompare & MJAC London Blockchain Summit was a great event for us at NKB Group. It was very well attended with a fully engaged audience for both the speakers and panel discussions, all of which were well managed and informative.”
Edward Fricker, CIO at NKB Group
“Exceptionally well organised from start to finish, with the right people in the right room. This was without question one of the best events we have attended this year.”
Joshua Riddett, Founder and Managing Director of Easy Crypto Hunter
“Content is the key for us at our events. We want people to have a great experience and learn something, take something away that they wouldn’t have known if they weren’t here,” said Matthew Collom of MJAC. “We wanted to bring the leaders from this industry into one particular place to educate and inform attendees and we have achieved that aim.”
To see video footage from the show go to:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqM7OIcltyn508ngmBCWZgw/featured To view the gallery go to: www.mjac.io
The next Cryptocompare & MJAC London Blockchain Summit will be held in November.